Group Requests - Open Swim
Open Swim Group Requests
Please email Kendall May, Recreation Coordinator, to find out which pool is available and for more information regarding staffing levels.
We are excited to announce the 2023 open swim times. Please fill out the Spokane Valley Group Open Swim Request Form. The Open Swim Group Visit Request Form is for groups of ten or more that are planning to visit the Spokane Valley Outdoor Pools during the open swim sessions. This is to ensure there is an appropriate ratio of group visitors and individual community visitors that are attending these sessions. Groups of 10 or more must submit a completed request form and have received approval by the Parks and Recreation Department prior to arriving at the pool. Select pools are scheduled to open Saturday, June 17, 2023. Group requests will not be accepted for sponsored free swim sessions. Groups requesting more than six group visits to the pools will be considered on a case by case basis.
All groups are required to follow these rules when visiting the City of Spokane Valley Outdoor Pools:
- Entire daycares, day camps and groups must stand in line to enter the pool.
- Pools operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- Day Care Staff (adults over 18) are required to be in the pool with day care children the entire length of pool visit. All groups must have a minimum staff to participant ratio of 1:10.
- Children ages 5 and under must wear a wrist band and have an adult within arms reach at all times.
- Any child (under 18) wearing a life jacket must have an adult in the pool within arms reach at all times.
- Children must pass a *swim test before entering the deep end of the pool or going off the diving board.
- *Swim test is one length of the width of the pool. Swimmer must remain parallel with the bottom of the pool. Children who pass the swim test will be issued a wrist band.